Lit from Within: Face like an Italian Garden
-->

Friday, October 9, 2015

Face like an Italian Garden


Hello, Fireflies!

I love Fall makeup more than any other season.  I love makeup sets, and if they include brushes, all the better.  So, when I got a look at Laura Geller's Italian Garden set, I went weak in the knees!

This set comes in a light, kinda flimsy, white wooden box.  It's a nice touch, but don't expect it to become an heirloom...  The set contains a face brush, a dual-sided eye brush, an eyeliner, liquid foundation, mascara, a leaf-motif eyeshadow palette, and a lip crayon.
My fave way to apply liquid foundation is with a flat-top buffing brush like this, but I'm not sure if this brush is going to become a fave.  It's very dense, but it absorbs a lot of product. 
I was really excited to try the Laura Geller Baked Liquid Radiance foundation.  I haven't been using too many liquid foundations lately, but I couldn't resist the golden glow.  I'd read reviews that suggested getting a tone lighter than usual because the yellow undertone is fairly prominent, and I'm glad I did that.  Light was just right for me.
Laura Geller Baked Liquid Radiance foundation
No one does baked like Laura Geller, and I love the Autumn Leaf eye shadow palette.  These browns and a pop of emerald green are perfect for this season.  And I'm all about the wine/berry Lasting Love Lip Stain in Pinot Noir.  This color is my jam.

The waterproof gel eyeliner is called Brown Sugar, and is a dark cappucino color.
swatches from the Laura Geller Italian Garden set
I'm using all of the palette, the Brown Sugar Eyeliner, and the Glam Lash mascara that came in the set for this EOTD.  Glowy, warm browns with a touch of green in the outer crease.
I'm using all of the palette, the Brown Sugar Eyeliner, and the Glam Lash mascara that came in the set for this EOTD
I switched out the lippie and put on NYX Liquid Suede in Vintage for this look.  I like how the warm brown tones in Vintage look with this eyeshadow palette.
Products used:  Becca x Jacyln Hill highlighter in Champagne Pop, Milani Eyeshadow primer, YSL Blur primer, Laura Geller Baked Radiance Foundation in Light, Glam Lash mascara, Brown Sugar eyeliner, and Autumn Leaves eyeshadow, Tarte Maracuja concealer, It Cosmetics Brow Power in Universal Taupe, NYX Liquid Suede in Vintage, Cuepido Cosmetics Sheer Wonder powder, and Clinique Cheek Pop in Cola Pop.
Have you fallen for a Fall palette yet?  Have you tried the new Baked Radiance foundation, or love another kind of Illuminating foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...