Lit from Within: It's Caturday! Er, Wednesdecat! Wekittenday?
-->

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It's Caturday! Er, Wednesdecat! Wekittenday?


Hello, Fireflies!

In keeping with this month's NCC theme of, "Pets," I've created a nail art influenced not only by a pet I had growing up, but also a beloved icon of the Interwebs - the cat.

When I was a wee girl, we took in a stray long-haired tuxedo cat that we named, 'Shiloh' but we only ever called her, affectionately, "Gata Loca" - crazy cat.  She was an indoor/outdoor cat, but she came in when we whistled for her, and loved to be petted, and especially to have her belly rubbed. You could be laying on the sofa, watching TV or reading a book, and if your hand was dangling off the side, she'd come and wrap herself around your hand and you'd be rubbing her belly before you knew it.


Maybe my memories of Shiloh are why I love cat videos so much, or maybe they're just awesome.  I am always linking them on my Facebook page to share, too.  These crazy cats are not only having fun on the web, they're also playing around on my nails, thanks to these adorable water decals from Born Pretty Store.  I've put them on over a base coat of Crabtree & Evelyn Clementine topped with Alessandro Magic Stars Candy - Lollipop.

frolicking cat water decals over a glittery orange base

Bottle shot: Crabtree & Evelyn Clementine and Alessandro Magic Stars Candy - Lollipop.

Bottle shot: Crabtree & Evelyn Clementine and Alessandro Magic Stars Candy - Lollipop.

Did you have a childhood pet that you loved?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...