Lit from Within: Metallic Love
-->

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Metallic Love


Hello, Fireflies!

Apparently, as a woman of a certain age, I am supposed to be all about neutral, matte eyeshadows.  I do like matte shadows and neutral colors, for sure, but I also love glitter, shimmer, and my fave of the moment - metallic.  Oh, how I melt for those metallics! I have a few from Colour Pop and some of the Makeup Geek Foiled shadows to show you, and a look I created with some of them!

I've been collecting some of the Colour Pop Eye Shadows, and if you haven't tried them yet, I think you're missing out. The texture is bouncy and creamy, and the pigmentation is outstanding.  A few of the glitters, especially the older ones, are a little chunky for every day use for me, but are great for more dramatic looks.  I picked up four shadows recently that are shiny, shiny goodness.
Colour Pop Flipper, Shark Attack, Game Face, and Nillionaire
Makeup Geek had a sale in July (and I see she's having weekly sales, I believe through August) and I picked up a few of her iconic colors and some of the Foiled shadows that caught my eye.
Makeup Geek In The Spotlight, Grandstand, and Mesmerized
Lately, I have been really into oranges and golds.  Flamethrower makes me weep a little.
Makeup Geek Flamethrower and Showtime

I think I'm ready for Fall, because I've also been buying more greens lately, and I used these two in my FOTD.
Makeup Geek Jester and Houdini

All together, now!
Makeup Geek Foiled

I'd also heard a lot about Beaches & Cream and Cupcake as being great lid and transition shades, so I picked them up, too.  Beaches and Cream is almost the color of my skin! It does help even out my lid color.  I've been using Cupcake quite a bit, and it does make a nice transition for these metallics.

I will admit, sometimes a shimmer looks like a metallic to me, and sometimes a 'metallic' in name doesn't really hit all the marks for me, so I'd love to hear from you what you think makes a great metallic.  For example, look at Cosmopolitan.  it looks like a shimmer in the pan, but like a metallic in the swatch.  I think it even looks more 'metallic' than the Foiled colors!
I went looking for inspiration on how to use Jester, and found this amazing look from Candy Killer.  I have not her mad skillz, but I did my best.  Even using ELF Mist and Set on my brush, I had a hard time getting that liquid metal look I so crave. 
EOTD with Makeup Geek Foiled Jester and Houdini, and Catrice Metallics
On my eyes:  It Cosmetics Brow Power in Universal Taupe, It Cosmetics Tightline mascara, Milani Eye Primer, Physicians' Formula Eye Booster Liquid Eyeliner Ultra Black, ELF Mist & Set used with metallics.  Makeup Geek shadows: Jester, Houdini, Beaches & Cream, Cupcake; Catrice Shadows: Nougat It Right, We Are The Champagnes
A quick shot of the whole look, complete with my first Colour Pop liquid matte lipstick (Solow).  These things wear like IRON on me.  I took this look to the movies, and it stayed on even through a bucket of movie theater popcorn.  I recommend either coconut oil or micellar water for removing it.
On my face:  Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer, It Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation Light/Medium, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof Neutral Medium, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed powder, Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow in Pravella, Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Champagne Pop, Colour Pop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Solow.
What's your take on the metallic trend?  What are your favorite metallics or ways to wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...