Lit from Within: Manis & Margaritas With Friends
-->

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Manis & Margaritas With Friends


Hello, Fireflies!

My husband and I both teach at a local university, and sometimes we have some very special students come into our lives and stay as friends.  Chelsea and Carolyn will sometimes come over for manis, and then we all go out for margaritas, one of my faves.

I usually keep my mani pretty simple, since I know I'll be handling acetone and painting their nails. I picked up two of the glitters from the new China Glaze summer neons collection, and am in love with the bright neon glitter of Point Me To The Party.  I paired it with ELF Mint Cream, a dusty greenish-teal from the ELF Jasmine Disney collection.
China Glaze Point Me To The Party
Chelsea's favorite flower is the daisy, and she showed me two pictures of daisy nail art that she wanted combined for her manis.  (Sorry, I don't have the originals to link to, but will gladly give credit if someone knows who did them!)

The base is OPI DS Lapis, a gorgeous blue glitter that I'll be showing you in another mani for tomorrow's Stamping Sunday.  I used a white striper for the petals, and the center is Eighty-Four Champagne Life over an orange that I can't remember what I used...
Carolyn has a hard time choosing what she wants, but she knew she wanted a beach theme.  So, I showed her a bunch of stamping plates that had beachy images, and she chose what she wanted.  The base colors are Different Dimensions Heavenly Waters and Sally Hansen Salon I Do Blue, and I stamped with Finger Paints Paper Mache.
It's always fun to get together with friends and do something I love - painting nails and drinking margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...