Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday: Bright Flowers over Grunge Base
-->

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Stamping Sunday: Bright Flowers over Grunge Base


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Sunday Stamping challenge is to stamp over a grungy base.  I used three different polishes and a fan brush to create a distressed, grungy base, and then contrasted with bright, white flowers!

I couldn't resist this fun floral stamp on my Big SdP-L plate.  I stamped with Finger Paints Paper Mache.


I started with a base of Pahlish Tashbaan, a baby pink with light glitters.  Then, using a fan brush, I layered Hits New-Grey and Maybelline Fuchsia Fever, and then a little more Tashbaan.


I think the grey gives it an appropriately murky, grungy, distressed look..


The fuchsia was a very thin, jellyish polish, adding more of a stain than true color.  I didn't know that would happen until I tried it - happy accident!


Bottle shot:  Pahlish Tashbaan, Hits New-Grey, Maybelline Fuchsia Fever, and Finger Paints Paper Mache.

Bottle shot:  Pahlish Tashbaan, Hits New-Grey, Maybelline Fuchsia Fever, and Finger Paints Paper Mache.

Is it weird that I stamped bright flowers over the distressed base color?  What would you stamp over it?  Flannel? Nirvana?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...