Lit from Within: The Vault - Glitter Ideas
-->

Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Vault - Glitter Ideas

 Hello, Fireflies!

I haven't done very many holiday nail looks this season, but one thing I can always make time for is a little glitter to feel festive!  I have a few looks I pulled from the vault to share with you today.


Glitter tips with Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer BEG Love, and Different Dimension Orbital

It took me a while to appreciate mixing holos and glitters, but I love this combination. The deep purple plays so well with the pink, turquoise, and purple glitters!  A great thing about a glitter tip or gradient is that it looks great on every length of nail, and you can put on as much or as little as you like, from a narrow tip to the whole nail. And, it's easy to do on both hands!

Glitter tips on both hands with Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer BEG Love, and Different Dimension Orbital

 Bottle shot:   Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer BEG Love, and Different Dimension Orbital

 Bottle shot:   Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer BEG Love, and Different Dimension Orbital

This is a layered look, but with the glitter on the top (near the cuticle) of the nail.  The base is a dark blue holo, with bright cobalt blue and silver glitter dabbed on.  It's a complex look for very little effort!

Glitter tops with Enchanted Polish Dark Fantasy, Amazing, and Sephora X TNT

Bottle shot:  Enchanted Polish Dark Fantasy, Enchanted Polish Amazing, and Sephora X TNT

Bottle shot:  Enchanted Polish Dark Fantasy, Amazing, and Sephora X TNT

Here's another unusual gradient with the dark color on the top, and the lighter, sheer color on the bottom.  I'm not completely sold on this look, but I do love the colors and shimmers together. No bottle shot for this one - the sheer white with iridescent shimmer is Everybeauty Boutique Frosty Freeze, and the purple is Different Dimension Orchid You Not.

unusual gradient with Everybeauty Boutique Frosty Freeze and Different Dimension Orchid You Not

The last look I have for today is a little more complicated, but makes for a great holiday look.  After applying the base red polish, I did a freehand chevron with the purple.  The green glitter covered up any mistakes, and then I used the gold topcoat over everything.  The more bling, the better, I say.

Chevron and glitter with Colors by Llarowe The Great Pretender, Ulta For Bitten, China Glaze Winter Holly, and Sephora It's Real 18k Gold Top Coat

Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe The Great Pretender, Ulta For Bitten, China Glaze Winter Holly, and Sephora It's Real 18k Gold Top Coat.

Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe The Great Pretender, Ulta For Bitten, China Glaze Winter Holly, and Sephora It's Real 18k Gold Top Coat.

Are you a glitter gal?  Are you more apt to wear glitter for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...