Lit from Within: One Fish, Two Fish, White Fish, Three Blues..
-->

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

One Fish, Two Fish, White Fish, Three Blues..


 Hello, Fireflies!

I'm picking back up with the 52 Week Pick 'n Mix challenge this week, and combining the 3-blues prompt with the domestic animal prompt.  Let's see.. shall I make a blue dog, a la Blue's Clues?

I start with this really nice, bright, opaque blue from CoverGirl, called Out Of The Blue.  This is ONE coat.  Easy, breezy, beautifu-  wait.  Wow, that's good marketing. You were thinking it, too, weren'tcha.

CoverGirl Out Of The Blue, a nice, bright, opaque blue

I started to do a chevron French tip with OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay, a medium blue jelly, but then when I added Sally Hansen Insta Dri Teal-y Fast, I just kept adding stripes.  It's not a fishtail, but along those lines.

modified fishtail with OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay, a medium blue jelly, and Sally Hansen Insta Dri Teal-y Fast

I really liked how this turned out.  These colors look good together.  I took a few pictures in case adding the animal part to the mani completely failed!

modified fishtail with Cover Girl Out Of The Blue, OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay, a medium blue jelly, and Sally Hansen Insta Dri Teal-y Fast

When I had all the blues picked, I thought of fish! And these cute goldfish from Cici & Sisi 11 fit the bill.  I stamped with Milani White On The Spot.

Cici & Sisi 11

Up close, you can see all the lines of the blues, but from a reasonable distance, it just looks like light and shadows in the water.


Everybody, now, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"


I've never owned any kind of fish before, but I do like watching them sometimes.  Have you ever owned fish before?  What's the attraction?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...