Lit from Within: Gratiae Exfoliating Salt Body Scrub (Apple, Green Tea and Ginger) #gratiae
-->

Monday, October 27, 2014

Gratiae Exfoliating Salt Body Scrub (Apple, Green Tea and Ginger) #gratiae



Hello, Fireflies!

It's becoming a ritual with me that on my pampering Sundays, I use a luxurious body product during my shower.  When this salt scrub from GRATiAE arrived, I knew it would be one of those Sunday indulgences!

First of all, can we just admire the packaging?  Even the box (not pictured) had their branding on it, and they included tissue paper and a small nylon bag with their brand.  Even the protective foil has their stamp on it.  The tub itself is plastic, but it doesn't feel cheap.  And, truthfully, when I'm in the shower, I'm a little scared of the glass jars, especially when my hands are slippery.

Gratiae Exfoliating Body Scrub

Here's where GRATiAE's Body Scrub (Apple, Green Tea & Ginger) is different for me.  When you open the jar, the salt scrub isn't suspended in liquid or emulsified into a paste.  It's largely loose clumps of crystals.  The scrub has a very light, fresh scent, more reminiscent of apple than the tea or ginger - but it's not a fake sweet apple scent - it's more of a real, true, fresh apple.

Gratiae Exfoliating Body Scrub

You're supposed to wet the crystals in your hands, and then scrub in circular motions to increase circulation.  This worked perfectly fine, though clumsy me did manage to drop bits of salt everywhere.  I did also try mixing it with shower gel and a bath oil, both of which gave me good results... but... the smell of the product I mixed it with overpowered the really subtle scent of the salt scrub.  So, if you're like me and you like that soft apple scent, just wet the salt in your hands with water.

Gratiae Exfoliating Body Scrub

I know a lot of folks don't feel like they're really getting a scrub on unless you can feel the exfoliant on your skin.  The crystals are firm, but not jagged, so you get a scrub you can feel, but it's not painful. After rinsing off, my skin feels soft and smooth; not overly moisturized or oily, because the scrub is fairly dry. The scent left on my skin is so subtle, I had to lift my arm right to my nose to detect it.

If you like a scrubby, fresh, shower indulgence, GRATiAE Exfoliating Body Scrub (Apple, Green Tea & Ginger) might be for you!  You can find more information about GRATiAE on their website, and they're also on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...