Lit from Within: Embracing My Geekness - Looney Tunes!
-->

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Embracing My Geekness - Looney Tunes!


Hello, Fireflies!

I had so much fun taking it back old-school with my video game mani, that I decided to do it again for my Cartoon one. I started with Revlon Spirit, a lovely fast-drying creamy, shiny white.

I broke my thumb nail.  $#@$%  I was peeling off the Flash stamping decal instead of just removing it with acetone, and I peeled off part of the nail with it.  FAIL.

Revlon Spirit, a lovely fast-drying creamy, shiny white.

Back in them olden days, I actually had to watch an old black and white TV.  Yes, not only did I go to college without Google, I didn't always have a color TV.  So, I decided to rock my old-school cartoons in black and white.

Also, I'm a little under the weather today, and the thought of doing decals for all of these was too, too much. I used Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and my FUN 11 plate to stamp these great characters!

I can hear Mel Blanc in my head as I write this!   Here's a little taste of these characters:

Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny:


Woody Woodpecker's famous laugh:


Tom & Jerry chase scene:


Porky Pig's standard role:


So many more characters, but only 5 fingers!

 
Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

Hope you enjoyed this challenge as much as I did! What were some of your fave cartoons?


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I used to remember watching these when I was little too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL, I love this manicure! What a great job, Nidia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...