Lit from Within: Chalkboard Hearts
-->

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Chalkboard Hearts

Hello, Fireflies!

Tired of all the hearts and flowers and stuff? I hope you'll read 'till the end, anyway!

I have a simple chalkboard mani today.  This double-ended Revlon Chalkboard is called Study Date.  One end is a wax-finish black that looks like this:

double-ended Revlon Chalkboard is called Study Date

The other end is a nail art tip with this creamsicle colored polish.  So, I did what I probably would have written on a chalkboard this time of year as a kid.  I know I wrote crap like this on plenty of notebook margins! TrueLove4Evah, BestFriendsForever, TrueLoveAlways!

TrueLove4Evah, BestFriendsForever, TrueLoveAlways!

For me, it's true! I married my best friend 18+years ago, and we're still best friends and he's my true love. Here's my best, unsolicited, relationship advice:  Don't take each other for granted - be thankful for the little things. I thank my husband every time he takes out the trash, feeds the dogs, or does the laundry - and he's pretty much the only one who does these things, so it's all the time.

What can I say - I'm a thankful, but very lazy, person.  Works for us!


And, if it's just you right now, this advice also applies - don't take yourself for granted, either.  Be proud of your accomplishments, no matter how small or insignificant you may think they are.  Be happy for a good hair day!

Thanks for coming by!

16 comments:

  1. Cool chalkboard nails! Fun words you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my friends and I used to use TLA a lot - like we knew what 'forever' was! lol.

      Delete
  2. That black really looks like a chalkboard texture - very pretty and fun mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kinda surprised myself that it really was so chalkboard-like! I know they make 'chalkboard' paint you can spray, but I doubt this is the same thing. Still, I wonder if I can use actual chalk on it! lol

      Delete
  3. Great advice, Nidia, I also try to thank my husband for every little thing he does for me. Love is precious, and so is he, so I want him to know it and never forget it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so sweet! That old saying, 'love means never having to say you're sorry' is so full of crap. It means saying all the time, even if you don't know exactly what you did wrong! lol. Or at least, so my husband tells me....

      Delete
  4. I've been looking at these but wasn't sure how they'd look. I'll have to pick one up now! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that they came with other 'chalk' colors! I'm hoping I can find others!

      Delete
  5. hahaha, That's a cool and fun idea. They look nice on your nails as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd never know I was a grown woman with 3 college degrees to look at what silliness I put on my nails sometimes! lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hopefully, you can find some on clearance still. Even if you don't like the 'chalk' part, one can never have too much black polish! lol

      Delete
  7. I love it ! It remind me of the collection of LV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I don't know what the collection of "LV" is.. but I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  8. i used to write silly stuff about my boyfriend in my notebooks too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I didn't even have a boyfriend, but all my 'pretend' ones definitely made appearances. I even practiced writing my name with their last names. I was a hopeless romantic. Still am!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...