Lit from Within: Darling Stripes - #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, February 24, 2014

Darling Stripes - #NailArtForNubs

(If you missed it, my Beauty Box 5 January box review went live this morning.  You can find it HERE.)

Hello, Fireflies!

Today's nail art was inspired by geometric nail art by The Nailasaurus.  Nobody does nub nail art like Sammy.  I really love the shape of her nails, and her art is always so clean.  Mine is definitely the lazy girl version!

I started the look with Cameo Colors Lacquer Darling Nikki, a purple holo with red glitters.  I really thought it was a red polish at first!  It's pretty unique in my stash, and I really like it.

Cameo Colors Lacquer Darling Nikki

If I had used tape, this part would be cleaner, but that's why this is the lazy girl version.  This is Julep Anisa, a blood-red creme. 

 Julep Anisa, a blood-red creme

This part is where Sammy's nail art looks so awesome - because her nails look so perfectly square at the bottom, the stripes look so much sharper.  No matter how hard I try, I can't square mine off.  I don't like the pointy edges, for one.  Pointy things = owie.


Sephora by OPI Break a Leg Warmer is a pretty grey that I love with both the purple and the red, and I think really brings all the colors together.


Bottle Shot:  Cameo Colors Lacquer Darling Nikki, Sephora by OPI Break a Leg Warmer, and Julep Anisa.

Bottle Shot:  Cameo Colors Lacquer Darling Nikki, Sephora by OPI Break a Leg Warmer, and Julep Anisa.

I love stripes in nail art! What do you think of this version?

(If you missed it, my Beauty Box 5 January box review went live this morning.  You can find it HERE.)



8 comments:

  1. Great color choices for the stripes! Love the base color your using here too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! That means a lot coming from you. :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute!

    I like mine squared off, but yeah pointy can be ouchy. I take a very fine file and ever so gently file the corners just enough to make them not ouchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to get them as squared as possible, but they won't grow that way, either! Years of weak nails that tore at the edges has made my nail beds kind of wonky. I do like that they're getting stronger and shredding on the edges less now that I'm getting the IBX treatment!

      Delete
  3. I like this mani so much. I think using polish then glitter and topped with some other design really shows a depth that you don't normally see. great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In all fairness, the holo had the glitter already mixed in, so I don't quite deserve all the praise. :) I love your name! Let's definitely eat cake.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...