Lit from Within: Shimmery, Pointy Midnight Blue
-->

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Shimmery, Pointy Midnight Blue


Hello, Fireflies!

I'm continuing with this month's challenge - my favorite color - with some more midnight blue goodness.

But first, I start with a light blue - SpaRitual Energy - a smooth, light robin's egg blue.  I love SpaRitual polishes. I love the cap, too.  Nice, soft, rubbery, and easy to use.

SpaRitual Energy - a smooth, light robin's egg blue

I saw this cool nail art in an ad for Jin Soon polish.  I wanted to try to recreate it.. kinda.  I wish I had better (and more) pictures, but my memory card got corrupted. 

I used tape and Sally Hansens Salon Nightwatch, a gorgeous midnight blue creme. This probably would have been easier if I'd done the dark blue first and then taped that off and put the light blue on top... but I wasn't sure the light blue was opaque enough.  Live and learn.

Sally Hansens Salon Nightwatch, a gorgeous midnight blue creme

I just got some of these cool CND effects toppers, and wanted to try this look with CND Ice Blue Shimmer.  I love Nightwatch on its own, too, but it totally changes with the shimmer!

look with CND Ice Blue Shimmer.

Blue, blue, blue bottle shot:  SpaRitual Energy, Sally Hansens Salon Nightwatch, and CND Ice Blue Shimmer.

 blue bottle shot:  SpaRitual Energy, Sally Hansens Salon Nightwatch, and CND Ice Blue Shimmer

Do you like adding effects like a shimmer?







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I got it from http://8ty8beauty.com, but it looks like they're out of it. Transdesign.com has it, though!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...