Lit from Within: Striped and Glittered Midnight Blue
-->

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Striped and Glittered Midnight Blue


Hello, Fireflies!

I've snuck in a few more blue manis lately, but this is the last "official" Fave color mani for this month's challenge.  It's been a lot of fun to see how many different types of dark blue polish I have.. and believe me, I have a lot more. 

This mani starts with a crelly blue I picked up from Urban Outfitters' Spirit Duo sale.  It's called, aptly enough, Midnight.  Isss sooo prettty.

Urban Outfitters Midnight

I was inspired by this diagonal French tip mani I saw by Bedizzle, and I thought it would be interesting to pair Midnight with a glitter in the same family.  This is Orly Macabre Masquerade.

Orly Macabre Masquerade

I have a lot of trouble getting striping tape to stay put, so I usually don't use it the way Bedizzle did.  Instead, I took a silver nail art striper and delineated between Midnight and the glitter.  And... well, I added another stripe, because that's how I roll.

I took a silver nail art striper and delineated between Midnight and the glitter

Seems a shame to use so little of the glitter, because it's so pretty.  Maybe next time I'll give it at least an accent nail.


Bottle shot:  Urban Outfitters Midnight, Orly Macabre Masquerade, and a silver striper.

Bottle shot:  Urban Outfitters Midnight, Orly Macabre Masquerade, and a silver striper.

What's your favorite nail color?  How many different bottles of nail polish do you have in that color? Or do you buy backups of your one fave polish?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...