Lit from Within: The Make Up Show Orlando -The Sights, the Sounds, the Nails!
-->

Friday, November 8, 2013

The Make Up Show Orlando -The Sights, the Sounds, the Nails!

Back to The Make Up Show.. it's easy to get overwhelmed by the chaos and crowds at a convention.  I was glad to have a 'home base' at the Cult Nails booth where I could get my bearings.

And buy some polish, natch.  I bought the All Access collection.  I need to get another bottle of Nevermore, my fave black!

Cult Nails booth

Lots more pictures after the jump!

I did have a Cult Nails mani on!  Kiss My Rose Bush (the lighter pink) with diagonal French Tips in Morning Glory.  Both polishes have a wax finish, but I glossed them up with some topcoat.

Kiss My Rose Bush (the lighter pink) with diagonal French Tips in Morning Glory.

I was loving the new Nail Veil from Chronicle Stones, too!  The veil has indentations in the three flowers, meant for putting your own rhinestones in!  I found these pink stones in my collection and attached them with a little nail glue.  You can also purchase them with precious or semi-precious stones permanently attached.

Nail Veil from Chronicle Stones

My look with my blouse.  Love!


Even James Vincent stopped by to get a Cult Nails mani in Wack Slacks, a gorgeous denim blue.

James Vincent stopped by to get a Cult Nails mani in Wack Slacks, a gorgeous denim blue

I knew I had to go to the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics booth!  I've already shown you several manis that featured the two polishes I bought there - Electric Sheep and ISherwood.


My friend, Steph, from Imperfectly Painted, and I were looking for LIP TARS! yes!

My friend, Steph, from Imperfectly Painted, and I were looking for LIP TARS!

I'm obviously a newbie to Lip Tars.  Too much! Too much!

obviously a newbie to Lip Tars

The OCC rep showed me about how much you *really* need to use on your lips.  Please, people, don't squeeze the tube right on your lips - use a lip brush, and apply sparingly.  You can always add more.

The OCC rep showed me about how much you *really* need to use on your lips

I love Stila Cosmetics.  Their rep was showing me their three new 10-in-1 Beauty Balms.  I am a big fan of their eyeliners, which are so smooth, and their palettes.  Lots of great colors, and great formulas. 

Stila Cosmetics rep was showing me their three new 10-in-1 Beauty Balms

Some of the demonstrations are a little messy.  I volunteered for this detoxifying mud mask.  It felt great and my hand was so soft.  But, it got all in my ring and my Nail Veil! Gross.

Some of the demonstrations are a little messy

There were lots of makeup artists showing off their amazing skills and products.  Kett Cosmetics, as well as several other vendors, did some intriguing body art.

Kett Cosmetics did some body art

Look at this amazing model! Oh, and the cyborg was really great, too.

Look at this amazing model!

NARS was there for the first time, and they had quite the buzz.  I am loving their new eye paint.

NARS

Inglot had a kaleidoscope of colors in polish and all kinds of makeup.

Inglot had a kaleidoscope of colors in polish and all kinds of makeup

I fell in love with the Ellis Faas booth.  Look at that amazing product bandolier!! I can't wait to tell you about the mascara I was given to review and the most gorgeous red lipstick (yes, the one in the background) that I had to buy and I LOVE.

Ellis Faas

All of their products are in these sleek, cool, metal, bullet-shaped tubes. On the back of the table, you can see a dispenser they have that holds the tubes.  As you twist the dispenser, each tube pops up so that you can remove it.  Of course, the bandolier is pretty cool, too.


This is just a small portion of all the sights at The Make Up Show Orlando.  So many amazing products! Stay tuned tomorrow for the third post in this series.  I can't believe that this experience gets better, but it does!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it! BTW, Stila's All Day foundation is KILLER. It's the only one I will ever wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get happy just thinking about that day. :) I hope you get to do that someday! I don't think I've tried Stila's foundation, but I may have a sample floating around. is it a full-coverage foundation? I usually just use BB creams or tinted moisturizers.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...