Lit from Within: Got to keep on keepin' on!
-->

Friday, November 1, 2013

Got to keep on keepin' on!

Hello, Fireflies!

Welcome to November! Time to put all the Halloween stuff away, and prepare for Turkeys.  Or, if you're influenced by all the stores, time to get ready for Christmas-y stuff.

This time of year can be tough.  For me, and many teachers, it's the last push to get through the semester before Thanksgiving break that is the hardest! So, that's one reason why I chose to put on Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming.

Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming

Not to mention, it's freaking *gorgeous*.  Supposedly, it's a close match for Enchanted Polish Marge's Blue Beehive, but I don't have that one - and it's likely I never will, given its rarity.  Don't need it, now.  Trust me, Just Keep Swimming is spectacular.

Just Keep Swimming is spectacular.

When it was time to change my mani, I thought I'd play around with some v-gap nail art.  Guess they're more like hearts, less like Vs.  First, Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

 I thought I'd play around with some v-gap nail art

I love blue and grey together, so I thought it might be nice to use Not Too Polished Camellia, a soft, dove grey scattered holo.  It's a little translucent, so I had to use a few thick coats to get it opaque.

Not Too Polished Camellia

If I was starting this mani from scratch, I might switch the grey and blue around, so Camellia doesn't have to be so thick to cover the black. 


Bottle shot:  Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming, Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Not Too Polished Camellia.

Bottle shot:  Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming, Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Not Too Polished Camellia

Do you like to play with your polish before you take it off?  Do you try stamping, or nail art?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...