Lit from Within: Spotty Dotty Gobby.. uh, I mean Gobi
-->

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Spotty Dotty Gobby.. uh, I mean Gobi

Hi, Fireflies!

I used to feel guilty using holos as a base for nail art because they're just too pretty to cover up!  Now, I realize that their special holo and other properties, like the green shimmer in Elevation Polish Gobi, can add a beautiful, subtle effect to nail art.

Elevation Gobi's green shimmer

Even when the shimmer isn't catching the light, Gobi is still an interesting camel/neutral color.

Gobi is an interesting camel/neutral color

I used Colors by Llarowe Burnt Sugar to make some different-sized dots all over the place.

dots all over the place

Then, I went back with Gobi and made some dots inside the dots.  It wasn't intentional, but I think it looks a bit like leopard print!


See? That green shimmer still comes through.  Gorgeous!

That green shimmer still comes through

Do you love holos with shimmer, too?  What do you think about using them for nail art?

4 comments:

  1. I love holos, although it often breaks my heart to cover them any way with nail art. This is the only Elevation Polish I own, and I LOVE it. It's a total stunner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe just a little nail art to extend wear time, like a tip? lol, I know what you mean, actually. I love this color, too, but I'm glad not everyone does, because I bought it from someone who hated it on her. Yay, mine! lol

      Delete
  2. I'm always hesitant to cover up holos, too, but I think you did a great job here. The base shows nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I find myself buying mostly holos and fewer everything else, it was either start using the holos in art, or stop doing art! Lol. It's interesting finding that balance .. Still a work in progress!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...