Lit from Within: Falling for Nail Art - Bobbing for Apples
-->

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Falling for Nail Art - Bobbing for Apples


I think I may have bobbed for apples once in my life. But, I have watched the Charlie Brown Halloween special eleventy-bilion times, so I think I have a pretty good understanding of the concept.

Plus, I looked up apple designs on Pinterest, and found this really cute one by steffels that I knew I wanted to use.

Different Dimension Ocean's Daughter

I thought that Different Dimension Ocean's Daughter would make a nice watery background for my apples.  This is such a gorgeous holo - light blue with green - very watery.

Different Dimension Ocean's Daughter is such a gorgeous holo - light blue with green - very watery.

Using a dotting tool to make the apples made it pretty easy! No apple is a perfect sphere, and no two apples are alike, so it works out.

Using a dotting tool to make the apples made it pretty easy

I used my new fave bright red, Zoya Sooki, for the apples, with stripers in black, green, and white for the stem, leaves, and highlight, respectively.

I used my new fave bright red, Zoya Sooki, for the apples

Here's the bottle shot:  Different Dimension Ocean's Daughter, Zoya Sooki, and nail art stripers in black, green, and white.

bottle shot:  Different Dimension Ocean's Daughter, Zoya Sooki, and nail art stripers in black, green, and white

Doesn't it make you want to shove your face is a barrel of cold water and try to grab slippery apples with your teeth? Especially after other people have tried to grab those same apples with their mouths?

Oh.  I think I know why no one does this any more...





3 comments:

  1. WHAT?????????/ This is INSANE!!! You are friggin amazing! I love, love, love this! I'm driving down to Florida so you can do this for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, T! Thanks! Have you gotten yourself a dotting tool yet? That's the easiest way I think to make these!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...