Lit from Within: Sparkling Water Watercolor
-->

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sparkling Water Watercolor


Hello, Fireflies!

For today's mani, I wanted to try the watercolor technique I saw in a video posted by Chalkboard Nails, where you take small dots of polish and dab them with a brush dipped in acetone, and then spread the dots over the nail.

I started with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, a lovely off-white that applies so smoothly!

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, a lovely off-white that applies so smoothly

I put 2 or 3 drops of Sinful Colors Jolt on each nail and then dabbed with the acetone.  I was lazy and did all the polish first and then the acetone.  I think it works better if you just do one nail at a time.

Sinful Colors Jolt on each nail and then dabbed with the acetone

Then I added Sally Hansen Kiwi Bikini.

Sally Hansen Kiwi Bikini

Same thing with Maybelline Plum Paradise.

Maybelline Plum Paradise

The last color I added was Sinful Colors Shock and Awe.  And then I repeated all the colors one more time.

Sinful Colors Shock and Awe

Topcoat is essential for smoothing out a look like this.  I love how all the colors blend together, but you can still see random dots of color.

I love how all the colors blend together, but you can still see random dots of color

I couldn't resist adding a little bling with Orly Sparkling Garbage!  This is my fave glitter, and it's always close at hand.

I couldn't resist adding a little bling with Orly Sparkling Garbage!

Bottle shot:  OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Maybelline Plum Paradise, Sally Hansen Kiwi Bikini, Sinful Colors Jolt, and Sinful Colors Shock and Awe.

Bottle shot:  OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Maybelline Plum Paradise, Sally Hansen Kiwi Bikini, Sinful Colors Jolt, and Sinful Colors Shock and Awe.

What do you think of this acetone/watercolor technique? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...