Lit from Within: Matchy Monday - Oops, wrong pink..
-->

Monday, September 23, 2013

Matchy Monday - Oops, wrong pink..


Hello, Fireflies!

So, I teach part-time at a local University, and I enjoy dressing up on the days that I teach.  I also enjoy matching my nails to my outfit, and have been showcasing these on my "Matchy Monday" posts.

Well, how about a not-so-matchy Monday?  I thought this polish would work, and it's absolutely beautiful - Reverie in Rubellite by Hare Polish.

Reverie in Rubellite by Hare Polish

That orange glow absolutely slays me.  It's so pretty.  And, as it sometimes goes, the biggest strength of this polish was also to be its weakness.

That orange glow absolutely slays me

BM-211 had this flower pattern that I thought would compliment my dress, so I stamped using my trusty Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

BM-211 had this flower pattern that I thought would compliment my dress

I love how the orange glows through the pattern.

I love how the orange glows through the pattern

Got to have a full mani to wear to the job, right?  It's so pretty... and when I put it next to my dress, it was WAY too orange.  Complete clash.  I had a sneaking suspicion, but I was too lazy to go get the dress and compare before I did all the stamping and cleanup.

So, I had to take it all off.

when I put it next to my dress, it was WAY too orange.  Complete clash.

By this time, it was late, and I was tired.  So Zoya Roxy got to go solo.  It doesn't need any embellishment, really, with that lovely subtle glitter.

Zoya Roxy

See?  Perfect match with the dress color.  That flower stamp would have really looked nice, though.

Perfect match with the dress color

Have you ever scrapped a mani because it was the wrong shade for your outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...