Lit from Within: A Holo..With Teeth.
-->

Friday, September 27, 2013

A Holo..With Teeth.

Hi, Fireflies!

I've technically finished my 4 technique posts for the Nail Challenge Collaborative, but I couldn't resist doing another tape mani.  This one took me a looong time.

I started with Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer We Saved The World I Say We Party!, a very light pale lilac-leaning-pink.

Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer We Saved The World I Say We Party!

So, I saw this look from Love, Varnish, Chocolate, and more, and I just loved it.  So, I broke out the tons of tape I knew it would take to make it!  I did recycle the tape for the other hand, but it was still a lot of tape.

A LOT.  Tape everywhere. I felt like a Bizzaro-world Wolverine.

Tape everywhere. I felt like a Bizzaro-world Wolverine

I painted over the tape with Julep Reese, an eggplant polish with holo glitter. I really like it when a glitter is so fine that you can paint with it and still get nice, clean lines.

I painted over the tape with Julep Reese

And then, I added silver studs.  These are the largest I have, probably 3mm or so.

 I added silver studs

You can imagine how much effort it took clumsy me to apply all that tape with my left hand. It was a circus! But I did it!

right hand!

If you've ever seen the comic The Maxx, you might understand why I think this look is reminiscent of his teeth.  I couldn't shake it!

Look, Ma, both hands!

I was pretty proud of my Herculean effort to work with all that tape, though.  I wore this look out to a nice dinner with some old friends and had a great time! Do you make a special effort with a mani when you're going to see a particular person?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...