Lit from Within: Minions!
-->

Friday, August 9, 2013

Minions!

Hello, Fireflies!

Today, I have a mani I had so much fun doing, and never would have thought to do on my own.

Apparently, my hubby sometimes talks up my nail art in his classroom at the University, and he had a student ask him if I could do Minion nails.  I'd never done them, so I found some examples and a tutorial online and tried my own.

Zoya Pippa, in my opinion, is the perfect Minion yellow.

Zoya Pippa, the perfect Minion yellow

I added a straight tip with Sally Hansen Salon Blue Rose (Target Exclusive) and glasses with Zoya Marina (mine was a little too thick, so it never flattened out).

halfway done!

OPI Black Onyx and a black nail art striper, Sally Hansen White Tip, and Priti NYC Love Lies Bleeding made up the little Minion faces!

first trial run of Minions!

Here's what I used:  Zoya Pippa, Sally Hansen Salon Blue Rose, Zoya Marina, Priti NYC Love Lies Bleeding, Sally Hansen White Tip, OPI Black Onyx, and a black striper.

Zoya Pippa, Sally Hansen Salon Blue Rose, Zoya Marina, Priti NYC Love Lies Bleeding, Sally Hansen White Tip, OPI Black Onyx, and a black striper.

There were a few lessons learned about the order of the details, and that some polishes were too thick for the small details of the eyes.  I ended up swapping out the blue for Sally Hansen Salon Thinking of Blue (only because I couldn't find the other one at that moment!) the grey for Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Presto Pewter, and the black and white for Cult Nails Nevermore and Tempest.  These were great for nail art!

I was a little nervous, but ready to go, when Carolyn showed up for her Minion mani.  Here it is:

Carolyn's Minion Mani

She was so easy to work with, and we had a great time.  She helped decide where she wanted the Minions looking..

Lookie, Minions!

..and what expressions they might have.

side smiles, tongues sticking out, big toothy grins!

So glad I did a trial run, because I loved how they turned out for her. 

Minion Mani Model

Afterwards, the Minions did what they do best - went to work! And, there's no better work than Puppy Belly Rubbins!

Bodie and Carolyn and Minions

Amazing how Minions, Manis, Puppies, and new friends can change your day.  What's one of your happiest mani moments?

4 comments:

  1. Love how they turned out!!! Just found your blog because I've gotten some traffic from you linking me! :) theyre so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're the first person to tell me that! I'm so happy!! <3 I'm so pleased you liked my version of your mani. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...