Lit from Within: Something Different Sunday - Lifeway Kefir Smoothie #LWaySummer
-->

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Something Different Sunday - Lifeway Kefir Smoothie #LWaySummer

Hello, Fireflies!

I have a strange post for you today.  Sometimes, as a Beauty Blogger, I get to try some cool stuff.  Usually makeup or beauty products.

But, beauty doesn't only come from slathering stuff on your face, it often... wait for it... comes From Within.

I got to try Lifeway Kefir Probiotic Cultured Milk Smoothie through Influenster VoxBox!



Lifeway Kefir Strawberry Banana Smoothie


So, what is Kefir?  According to the interwebs, it's a fermented milk drink, made with a mixture of yeasts and bacteria in milk.  It's similar to yogurt, but not the same.  Different bacterias are used to create each, and the yeast in Kefir produce a very small amount of alcohol in the fermentation process. 

Lifeway Kefir Strawberry Banana Smoothie

The Kefir has a tangy taste to it that I liked by itself, but you can mix it into a smoothie - or pretty much anything you can do with yogurt.

Kefir cultures

Probiotics help repopulate the digestive tract with helpful bacteria.  Those who are lactose intolerant can generally enjoy Kefir (and yogurt) without ill-effect.

I am in the practice of giving all my doggies a probiotic powder with their dinner, because, well, Rotties are known to be really, um, gassy dogs.  It really helps with the emissions, if you know what I mean.


Drinking this was much like drinking a thin smoothie.  It has a really nice smooth texture, and a satisfying mouth-feel.  It's filling, too.  If you'd like to find out more about Lifeway Kefir products, you can find them on Facebook, and on their webpage.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought it was! My husband wasn't convinced, but that means more for me!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...