Lit from Within: Challenge - Flowers II: The Red Stamp
-->

Friday, July 12, 2013

Challenge - Flowers II: The Red Stamp


Yep, back with another flower challenge!  I've never done so many challenges before, and I gotta tell ya, it's a little...uh, well.. challenging.

*rimshot*

Liquid Lacquer Twinkle Toes.  Let's pick up the pace with this little dance-y number.  What a gorgeous blue, with red..red? glitter.  It's a different combination. 

Liquid Lacquer Twinkle Toes

I love that the glitters are so small.  Such a different look from really chunky glitter bombs.  This one is almost delicate, except that the colors are jarring. 

Liquid Lacquer Twinkle Toes

Playing off the red, I decided to do a red tip and stamp with Sally Hansen Sacred Scarlet and Pueen 19.

red tip and stamp with Sally Hansen Sacred Scarlet and Pueen 19

I picked up Sacred Scarlet in a two-pack at TJMaxx and it's become one of my go-to bright reds.  I was delighted to see that it even stamps pretty well. 

red tip and stamp with Sally Hansen Sacred Scarlet and Pueen 19

This was really a stretch for me.  Even the hubby look confused at this combo.  We both decided that we liked it, but we weren't sure why!
 
Twinkle Toes with red tip and flower stamp

If you'd like more information about Liquid Lacquer, you can find her on Facebook and she also has a Big Cartel store

What do you think of this combo of colors? 





4 comments:

  1. I gotta tell you, pale blue and bold red is not a color combination I would come up with. That being said, it does grow on you. The more I look at your photos, the more I like the bold contrast - it's pretty interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! Sometimes, doing these challenges makes you stretch a little. Sometimes, I stretch a little far and hurt myself. LOL. Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! It's a little, uh, different, for me! lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...