Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Take Me Back to the 70's!
-->

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Stamping - Take Me Back to the 70's!



When I think of the 1970's, I think of the colors of the kitchens - harvest gold, avocado green.  So, that's where I started with this mani. 

China Glaze Tree Hugger.  A little brighter and shinier than a true '70's avocado green, at least it's in the spirit of the times.  This polish is pretty cool, and applies so nicely.  I'd almost forgotten how much I like China Glaze.

China Glaze Tree Hugger

I added on OPI Charmed by a Snake.  Sometimes, a simple gradient is the hardest thing for me to do!   I often end up taking off more paint than I put on.  And the sponges are messy.  So, mostly, I end up dabbing on polish.  Eh, that's what stamping is for - to cover up the mistakes.

China Glaze Tree Hugger with OPI Charmed by a Snake gradient

I loved this geometric stamp on Pueen 21.  It reminded me of the pattern of wallpaper in my parents' house.  Loosely, though.  I think real wallpaper with that exact pattern would have probably given us all seizures.


Per usual, the black is Finger Paints Black Expressionism, my go-to black for stamping.

China Glaze Tree Hugger with OPI Charmed by a Snake gradient, stamped

Loving these colors!  Maybe I'll go put on some classic rock.

China Glaze Tree Hugger with OPI Charmed by a Snake gradient

I can't wait to see what the rest of the stamping group does, considering most of them are too young to know the 70s at all! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the stamping design you have on top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Geometric patterns are my fave to stamp.

      Delete
  2. You probably remember the 70s kitchens, too! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...