Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - French Tips
-->

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Stamping - French Tips



These challenges sure do get me out of my comfort zone!  I have so many French tip stamps that I've NEVER used.  For one thing, they are hard to use on my nubbins, but it's better now that I'm getting a little length.  I'm just getting better at the freehand tips - now you want me to *stamp*?  aaahhhh!

Look at that gorgeous red shimmer in that nude polish.  That's OPI Who Needs A Prince?

OPI Who Needs A Prince?

You can ignore the red tip in that previous pix.  It's  the beginning of these red-hot-holo French tips with Glitter Gal Red 3D/Holo,  It's probably one of the best red holos I've ever seen.

French tips with Glitter Gal Red 3D/Holo

And, here comes the stamp!  MASH 01. I feel kinda special using the first Mash stamping plate.  The idea was to have the red holo peek through the Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

French tips with Glitter Gal Red 3D/Holo peeking through the black stamp

Unfortunately, I'm not that practiced at lining up the stamp with the tip, so I had some correcting to do.  Which meant that my base took the brunt of the cleanup.  It didn't come back as pretty, though topcoat did help.

French tips with Glitter Gal Red 3D/Holo peeking through the black stamp

I really liked this effect, and I think it'll be worth practicing to get it to look nicer next time.  It's almost like a holo tape mani... but without the tape.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

French tips with Glitter Gal Red 3D/Holo peeking through the black stamp

What do you think?  Do you like a stamped French tip?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...