Lit from Within: Spring Fever Voxbox - Part II #SpringVoxBox
-->

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Spring Fever Voxbox - Part II #SpringVoxBox



Are you ready to see some more cool stuff that came in the Influenster Spring Fever VoxBox?

Secret.  Whose secret?  No secret here, I'm proud of this nail art.  Lookie:


It's a gel, it dries clear, smells pretty nice without being too strong.  Says it works for 48 hours, but who goes that long without reapplying?  I'm more like a 12-hour at best kinda girl.  So, I didn't test the limits of the 48 hours.


I really love when I get a box of samples and one is so completely useful like this.  I've been using it every day, and I still like it.

And, if you're curious, the base mani is with Revlon Dreamer with Whimsical on top, and the nail art was done with PeriPera BL606 (turquoise), Julep Donna (dark teal), Illamasqua Muse (medium teal), and a silver nail art striper.


Next up is Osis+ Gelastic by Schwarzkopf.  It's a clear, very thick super-hold gel.  Smells pretty good.  I put several tablespoon-sized dollops in my wet hair and combed it through.

By the way, the mani is A-England Rose Bower with silver nail art striper.


I will admit, I don't use gel that often anymore.  I have thick, curly hair, and growing up, gel was the only thing that could give me some semblance of control.  And, it always dried crunchy and made my hair look wet all day. 


My hair was still a little crunchy, but I could break up some of the crunch and still have curls when it dried.  Unfortunately, they didn't last very long.  After spending about 4 hours talking with my friends in an air-conditioned room, my curls started to fall and separate.  For about $18 a bottle, I expect more.  Perhaps it just isn't made for hair as heavy as mine is.  I usually use a curl cream rather than gel, nowadays. 


This is before..  I didn't take an after!

One product you may have noticed was in the VoxBox picture but I haven't mentioned yet is the TastyKake.  There are no pictures of a TastyKake mani holding the treats.  It didn't last long enough.

I will say that I love peanut butter, but I usually don't like peanut butter desserts.  I buy a few of the Reeses Eggs at Easter, I have PB&J sandwiches, put a little peanut butter with a banana.  I don't like Peanut Butter ice cream or pie - they're usually too rich.  This cake was just right.  Just enough filling:cake ratio.  And the best part?  The coating.  But not just the coating.  It's the process of eating the coating - nibbling off little chunks and peeling all the coating off before eating the cake.

And, because I'm an adult, no one can tell me not to play with my food.  I can eat it any. way. I. want.

If you'd like more information about Influenster, you can find them on Facebook or on Twitter @InfluensterVox . If you'd like more information about Secret, please visit the Facebook page of their makers, Proctor & Gamble.  Here's the Facebook page for Osis, if you'd like to visit them, and TastyKake has a page, too.


2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...