Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Earth Day
-->

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Stamping - Earth Day


This week's stamping challenge is:  Earth Day.

I had a vision of a field of wildflowers for this stamped mani.. but like a lot of my visions, they are executed quite differently in the Real World than they are in my head.  I'm going to show you two attempts at making my vision a reality.  The first is a hot mess.  The second comes closer.

One thing I really liked about my first attempt is the base color.  This is Enchanted Polish Britney Spearmint.  I never thought I'd be able to get this polish, and I wasn't sure if I'd even like it.  It isn't the most holo, but it has a nice iridescent sheen.  If you like Illamasqua Hemlock, you might like this one, too.


I had just gotten some new plates from Pueen, so of course I wanted to try them out.  I used that flower stamp there.. what?  You can't tell?  Surely, you must be blind...


Yeah, okay.  I tried a technique where you mix several colors on the plate (in this case, Kleancolor Metallic Mango (metallic orange), China Glaze Adore (metallic ocean blue), and Sinful Colors Gone Platinum (metallic purple) and I double stamped with some white mixed in, to see if I could get the colors to show up better.


Hubby tried to make me feel better by saying that it kinda looked like granite.. and that's in the Earth, so it fits the theme, right?

Take 2.  This is an abstract brushstroke mani a la Gorgeois that I did with the Different Dimensions 80's Baby neon holo collex.  I started with a basecoat of white, and then dabbed on 2 layers of all the different colors.  Like, gag me with a spoon!


I used three different stamps from Pueen plate 25 to give different flower patterns.  Hubby said one looked like snowflakes, but I was going for flowers.  FLOWERS.


I think this one was much more successful, though I would have liked the flower stamp to be more of an outline to let the color show through more.  Still, it's a cheerful, colorful mani that made me happy.


Happy Earth Day!  Reduce, reuse, recycle, and take care of our planet.

If you'd like more information on Enchanted Polish, you can find her on Facebook and her shop.  If you'd like more information about Different Dimension, you can also find her on Facebook, and her Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...