Lit from Within: Sugar-coated Goodness
-->

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sugar-coated Goodness

Who's ready for nail polish sweetness of diabetic proportions?  Yep, we're going to be looking at the Julie G Gumdrops collection, another textured collection of sweet, brightly-colored polishes.

And, because I'm so intrigued by the idea of doing some kind of nail art with these textures, I thought I'd play around with some 3-D pieces for this collection.

Sugar Rush.  A bright, sparkly coral.  One coat is all that is needed, but if you do choose to add another layer, make sure that the first is completely dry.. or you'll get patches like on my index finger.  Aren't those fimo butterflies totes adorbs?


Tangerine Dream.  Light, fruity orange with sparkle.  These flowers are perfect!


Rock Candy.  This one and Blueberry Fizz are similar, and photograph similar, but they aren't the same.  Rock Candy is a green-leaning teal, not a true blue.  The bottle color is truer to reality than on the nails in this pix.


Blueberry Fizz.  Icy blue sparkle, with bling!


Crushed Candy.  Is it a pink-leaning purple, or a purple-leaning pink?  Not sure.  It is tooth-achingly sweet, though!


Hot Cinnamon.  In the bottle, this looks similar to Sugar Rush, but there is no orange in Hot Cinnamon.  It's a fiery red.  A color this bold needs a bold statement with studs.


These textured polishes are so versatile!  They can be stamped, used with nail art, as a base for 3-D decorations, and then change how they look with topcoat.  What's your favorite so far?

6 comments:

  1. They all look amazing! Still haven't tried any texture polishes but I really need to, lol. Love that you did a cute manicure with each color too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the manis. :) These are probably some of the most affordable of the textured polishes I've come across, and they wear well. :)

      Delete
  2. Where did you find the rhinestone flowers on Tangerine Dream? I need them! I just bought Tangerine Dream last week. It was the only color that I really loved, but I may need to pick up Sugar Rush too. I love orange for spring & summer. I like the shimmery texture polishes! Great manis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I can't remember... I buy some of those from Born Pretty, Dollar Nail art, and there was also a blogger who had a sale on some of those wheels, and I'm sure I got the fimo and some of the rhinestones from her. If I remember, I'll let you know, but definitely try bornprettystore.com and dollarnailart.com
      Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete
  3. I love the Frosted Gumdrops polishes on their own, but with all the cute little accents... they are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...