Lit from Within: I'm a Djinn in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way
-->

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm a Djinn in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way

With apologies to Cristina Aguilera, every time I see this polish, I sing that song! I recently scored a bottle of Enchanted Polish Djinn in a Bottle, the holo topcoat, and I wanted to give it a few tests.

A-England Camelot.  Well, it's not much of a test to put a holo over black, is it?  I mean, if it's going to look good over *anything* it should be black.  And, it doesn't get any glossier or blacker than this beauty.


The rainbows do come out to play!  It's really hard to get a true black holo polish because the silver spectraflair gives everything a grey tone.  Certainly true using Djinn over black.  It's much greyer than before.


I made a Julep rainbow for you!  From thumb-pinky:  Dendrie (grey), Abbie (yellow), Ingrid (burnt orange),  Emilie (green), and Eden (neon purple).


Bottle shot:  Dendrie (grey), Abbie (yellow), Ingrid (burnt orange),  Emilie (green), and Eden (neon purple).


And now, with two coats of Djinn:


I think my fave is actually the grey!  Very subtle, and lovely.  I also like it over the orange.


What about you?  Any faves?  Do you think it performs better, worse, or the same as other holographic topcoats you've seen?  It can be nearly impossible to score Enchanteds in her frenzied restocks, so you'll have to weigh for yourself whether it's worth stalking, but if you'd like more information on Enchanted Polish, you can find her on Facebook and her shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...