Lit from Within: Indie January - PolishTBH
-->

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Indie January - PolishTBH

What is Polish TBH?  Polish To Be Honest.  I was expecting something naughtier, but I was probably just projecting myself!  What a great name, and her polishes are honestly pretty good.

Circus.  I was most excited for this one.  I love a grey jelly, and this one is more blue, which is even better.  My only thing about this one was that I would have liked more glitter - it took me about 3-4 coats to get this much.  Doesn't really read 'circus' to me with only a few bits of glitter.


So, I put on a layer of Girly Bits Canadian, Eh? and *loved* it.  This is what I wanted.


Fantasy.  This is a fuchsia jelly with blue glitter.  I like this combo a lot.  Very vibrant, very fun, a simple strong accent with the blue glitter.


I decided to see what it would look like with Twist on top.  Twist is a clear base with silver hearts and black hexes and then smaller glitters in blue and white and fuchsia - the same color as the base of Fantasy, which is why I thought they would look good together.  I love this for a more amped up look.  Very blingy!


How I Troll.  Those who know me, will be saying, but, but, this has BAR glitter, Nidia!  You don't like bar glitter!  And, usually, they'd be right.  I don't often like it, and usually go out of my way to avoid it.  Well, This was sent as a freebie with my order, and I actually love it.  The bar glitter is more like 'sticks and stones' which I also like, and not like hair on my nails, which I dislike.


Plus, this one has a jelly base!  Even better, a color-changing jelly base.  In the bottle, it was hot pink, then it warmed up to a clear/light pink on my nails.  When I ran my hands under cold water, it turned back to hot pink!  In this pix, it's starting to warm up again, so you can see that it's clear towards the cuticles, but pink at the tips.  Those with long nails will probably have a long-lasting gradient, as the nail tips will always be dark, and the warm parts of your fingers light.  Awesome!!


Hidden.  This polish is soo squishy. I love everything about it - the jelly squish, the glitter, the color.  It was a little thin (as you would expect a jelly to be) so be careful that it doesn't flood the cuticles.


 Isn't it beautiful?  I didn't expect to like it as much as I do!  It really is a great polish.


Midnight.  Last, but not least.  One of my faves.  It may look black in my pix, but it is clearly a dark purple in Real Life.  You can see around my cuticles the dark purple.  I love the light and dark glitters in the jelly.  This is a stunner!


What do you think?  Do you like color-changing polishes?  Dark jelly glitters?  Do you prefer Circus with a few red glitters, or amped up with Canadian Eh?

If you'd like to see more of PolishTBH, you can find them on Facebook and on Etsy

3 comments:

  1. Circus needed the added glitter! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a pix of Britney Spears' Circus perfume.. and it's blue with sparse red rhinestones! I think that may have been the inspiration, and now I get it. It's nice both ways, depending on what you're in the mood for!

      Delete
    2. You would be correct Circus and all of the fantasy line are inspired by the fantasy perfumes :) lovely swatches and thank you for the review!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...