Lit from Within: Happy Hanukkah!
-->

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy Hanukkah!

As I prepare for the Christmas season, I want to take a moment to wish my readers a happy Hanukkah!

I have to admit, I've always been drawn to the Jewish faith.  I find the Hebrew language amazing and beautiful, and the food and culture interesting.  I took my inspiration for this mani from this page that had a collection of Hanukkah nail art.

I wanted to start with the prettiest type of polish I know of - the holo.  Seduce, the blue holo, is from the Mentality Precious Holo collection.  Holo is from their topcoat collection.  I just used 3 layers to give it a whitish, silvery look on the nail.



This is my first time trying to paint a menorah and Star of David, so I figured I'd tell you what they are in case you couldn't tell.....


I used a black nail art striper, and then the Silver Nail Art striper from Milani over top of that to make the stars, and the lights on the menorah.  It's really hard to photograph such sparkly!  


Happy Festival of Lights!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...