Lit from Within: Four Julep Suedes
-->

Monday, December 3, 2012

Four Julep Suedes

Ok, so the 'Week' of suedes has become sort of a bakers' dozen... I'm sneaking in a couple more days because I just can't resist! 

When Julep announced a matte topcoat would be part of the November Maven's box, the polish world went a little nutty, hoping against hope that Julep would be coming out with their own line of matte suedes, and so they did.  I picked up 4 of them.

The first is a light green suede called Hailee.  This is so very different from Femme Fatale.. this one doesn't even read true green, but more of a hint of sage green.


Formula was the same with all the Julep suedes - just fine.  I don't think there is any appreciable difference in the application of the suedes between Avon, Pure Ice, or Julep. 


I was really looking forward to Julep Nora.  This is a unique purple in my collection.  It's very nearly a steely grey.



I decided to paint one stripe of Above the Curve Don't Call Me Sugar, a lilac holo, right down the center of each nail. 


I love how it almost gives the suede a duo-chrome feel.  If you didn't know it was two different polishes, would it just look like a trick of the light?


Next up is Julep Amber, a champagne gold suede.  I much prefer champagne gold to orange gold tones with my skin color.  This is almost a nude on me - it makes me look really, really pale, but I like it.



The last Julep I bought was Minka.  What a pretty color, somewhere between rose gold and copper.  This is also unique to my stash, and one of my faves of the suedes.



I thought a cloud mani with Amber, Minka, and Hailee would be really pretty.  It's almost a southwestern color palette, but very muted.  I love this combo.



Will you be picking up any of the Julep matte suedes?  At $14 each at Sephora or Julep, I suggest you get a Maven to pick one up for you for $5 when added to her Maven Box, though I don't know how long they will be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...