Lit from Within: Doodle nails
-->

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Doodle nails

These two manis were inspired by this Robin Moses teal filigree manicure.  I love her style, and I've tried to imitate a lot of her designs.. usually with only very limited success!

There's a lot of pictures, so come see the rest after the jump.



The first one, I did in shades of purple.  I started with OPI I Brake for Manicures, a dark purple creme.  It applied nicely, but isn't a very high-gloss polish. Because it's so dark, it can almost look black.



The filigree is done in three different shades of purple, one on top of the other:  a nameless purple metallic from Cosmetic Arts, Mattese Elite Releve, and Essie Nothing Else Metals.


I cut my brushes, but it must not be enough - I can never get the delicate filigree that Robin Moses does.  Still, this was fun!  Who doesn't like doodling?


I wanted to try it again with a thinner brush, and a different color palette.  This time, I started with a base of Zoya Song, a cobalt blue with an aqua shimmer.



I made my first doodles with  Joe Fresh Persian Blue, a grey-blue.  I'm pretty impressed with the Joe Fresh polishes I've tried.  Very nice formula.


The second doodle was with Joe Fresh Cobalt.


 Zoya Kristen went on top.


A nice topcoat helps to make the design look level and seal in the artwork.  I think Kristen was too bright, or the other blues too dark because it's hard to see them in the pix.  I think a smaller brush helps, though - and careful selection of colors.


Do you like to doodle on your nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...