Lit from Within: How much glitter?!?!
-->

Friday, September 7, 2012

How much glitter?!?!

This post started as a serious look at some Butter London polishes, and then, well... you'll see.

First up is the gorgeous, but understated All Hail the Queen (or, as some call it, All Hail McQueen).  This is a beautiful nude with micro holo glitter scattered throughout.  If I ever needed a work-happy polish, I'd go with this one.



Luckily, no one really cares what I wear on my nails, so I blinged it up with Tart With a Heart.  These two go so well together.


 Very sparkly.

I tried it matte, but it didn't do much for me.  I liked it better sparkly.


Then, things got a little crazy.  If you're sensitive to sparkly, you may want to avert your eyes.  I layered on a no-name Clare's blue glitter.


And then, a pink Claire's glitter.


And then, Black Radience Girls Rock glitter in Swag Rock.  I actually like the larger colored circles against the crushed glitter blue/purple Claire's glitter.


 And THEN, I added Claire's Night Sky.  One layer of this was almost opaque enough to hide all the glitter underneath! I wasn't expecting that.


Claire's Bedazzled went on top of that.  Starting to look like a train wreck.


Like a train wreck, I couldn't look away, I couldn't stop.  On went Models Own Mixed Up and Thunder and Lightening.  I didn't realize how very similar those two glitters are.  Mixed up has tiny shreds of silver, and T&L has a brown base, but on top of all this glitter, the nuances were lost.



I started to put another layer of a pink Claire's glitter on my pinky and ring finger, but it just didn't show over the black, and I realized I had reached my glitter threshold.  My nails look ridiculous!


I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun, though.  Like stacking cards and wondering how far you can get before it all comes tumbling down!  What's your glitter threshold?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just heard there is an actual label for McQueen - I've never seen it, but I'd love to! Neat.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...