Lit from Within: Indie holo
-->

Friday, July 27, 2012

Indie holo

I have recently begun buying more Indie polishes, and some have put out some interesting combos!  Princess Polish came out with a line of Jelly holo polishes.  I have holo.  You jelly? ;)

First up is Orange Marmalade, an orange scattered holo.  Though I love orange, this one wasn't one of my faves.  I know jellies sometimes take a lot of coats, but I get bored after about 3, and start rushing it, which makes a mess.  So I think I stopped after 3 coats here, and obviously still have VNL.  And not really enough holo payoff.



Mint Jelly had a similar story - lots of VNL, not much holo.  I do like this color, though.  Maybe I'll layer it with Cult Nails I Got Distracted next time.


Strawberry Jam is a very pretty polish.  This one was opaque in 3 coats, and has a nice, subtle holo.  Ignore the middle finger smush.  I told you I get impatient...


Blueberry Jam actually has way more holo than I captured here.  It's a linear, and pretty, but the sun went away and I just couldn't get it back before I took off the polish.



Grape Jelly was my favorite of all.  Pretty color, nice strong linear holo, a little VNL at 2 coats, but not bad, and buildable in 3, I'm sure.


I will say that even though not all the jelly polishes had enough holo payoff for me, they were all nicely made.  All of them applied smoothly.  The really sheer ones might make nice jelly sandwiches, or some other application, but were just a tad too sheer for my liking.  Your mileage may vary.


I also have a few polishes from Darling Diva Polish to show you.  Dreamy is a holo topcoat, but I had to try it on its own, and I loved it.  It shows up as a white holo.  So cool.


 Event Horizon is a charcoal grey-black holo with a nice linear rainbow.  


And last, but not least, is Dangerous Driver.  DDP has another polish called Ringer, which is a dupe for Fantasy Fire/Clarins 230.  Dangerous Driver is the holo version of Ringer.  It is gorgeous.  I've paired it here with some rhinestones from the Cult Nails collection.


 So, are you ready to try some Indie holo polishes now?  You're not going to find most of these polish colors/combos anywhere else!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...