Lit from Within: Celebrate glitter - Black surprise
-->

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Celebrate glitter - Black surprise

When I first started collecting polishes, I was all about red.  Especially on my toes.  Now that I'm really into polish and nail art, the color I buy the least of is probably red!  So, when I saw this polish at the CFL Beauty Bloggers meeting swap, I snatched it up.  It's L'oreal 470 Caught Red Handed.  I wasn't expecting it to be metallic, but it is.  And, like most metallics, it was opaque in one coat.  I would definitely wear this on it's own - it has that lovely glow-from-within that I love.


I intended it to be underwear for this glitter, but the glitter was completely opaque in one coat.  What bits of red you see are the red glitter from the polish itself.  This is Mattese Elite Amour De Ma Vie.  It's a black jelly with tiny silver, red, and blue glitter. 


I don't own Butter London Black Knight, but from the swatches, this sure looks like a close relative.  What's better, it's less than half the price, and I got it on sale at Ricky's NYC for $3. 


I really like that it's mostly black with tiny glitter.  Perfect for those days when you want to rock black, but not a black creme.  I actually thought it looked pretty subtle at arm's length.

Are you a convert to Mattese Elite yet?  I know I am.  Do you own the BL Black Knight?  Does it look like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...