Lit from Within: No H8
-->

Sunday, June 17, 2012

No H8

June is LGBT pride month, and I decided to enter a LGBT contest for nail art on Kyoti's Nails.  My theme was No H8, and on each of the fingers is a silhouette in rainbow colors, with duct tape over the mouth, like the No H8 ads.


The base of the mani was the, I thought, aptly named Decades of Dysfunction by Orly.  The red is Orly Red Flare, the blue is Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue, the green is China Glaze Gaga for Green (snuck in another little homage there) and the purple is Sparitual Shoot for the Stars.  The black is Pure Ice Black Rage, and the silver is Revlon Sequin.


Even though I only submitted the left hand to the contest, I painted the right hand and wore this mani with my 'think before you speak' shirt.  Good advice, on every level... even if I don't always follow it, I try!  really....




Hopefully, it won't be long before we all have equal rights.

The album for the contest entries is on Kyoti's Nails' facebook page if you want to see the other entries.

Happy Pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...