Lit from Within: Idyllic Aboriginal Inspiration
-->

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Idyllic Aboriginal Inspiration

I had been lemming CQ Idyllic (and a few others) ever since I saw a swatch of it online.

It's a gorgeous multichrome - purple, bronze, green, brown.  I love these colors that evoke a warm hearth to me.



I saw this dotticure on Lucy's Stash based on an Aboriginal pattern, and I loved it. I didn't want to cover all of Idyllic, so I used it as an accent.  The whitish dots are Color Club Oh La La, and the brown dots are Color Club With Abandon.  I had a really hard time finding the right brown to match Idyllic, and I still wasn't 100% happy with this choice - maybe I should have used a tan color



On my right hand, I tried it with Essie Matte About You on the accent nails.  There's something beautiful about a shimmery polish when it's mattified - look at that glow from underneath the dots.  In the end, though, I preferred the glossy look with Seche Vite.


Which do you like? Matte or glossy?  Would you mattify the whole manicure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...