Lit from Within: I stamped! Is it Sunday?
-->

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I stamped! Is it Sunday?

On principle, I refuse to buy the Konad Special Polish.  So, stubbornly, I buy different white polishes to see what works and what doesn't.  Well, I read on a blog that Finger Paints Paper Mache' was good for stamping, so it was time to try it out.

I started with 2 coats of OPI Call me Gwen-ever. Sigh.  I really wanted to love this - I loved all the swatches, accepted that it wasn't a color even remotely associated with Spiderman, and Gwen Stacy isn't even a redhead or strawberry blond, so that doesn't even make sense. This color just wouldn't work for me.  It's actually more pink/coral in RL, but my camera wanted it to be orange.  2 coats, and still had VNL, and it took a long time to dry. 


Next, a stamp with the Finger Paints.  WOW.  A white that actually stamps WHITE.  If you like stamping and you don't have this color, you should get it now.  It's actually on sale this month at Sally Beauty, too.


I wanted to add a little more color, so I dabbed on some Sally Hansen Insta-dry in Lightning and Chasing Chartreuse.  Next time, I'll add the green stems before the stamp, I think.


Right hand... but remember how I said this OPI took a long time to dry?  Yeah, I totally screwed up my thumb beyond repair, and I knew I was just going to take this off, so I didn't bother to fix it.  So no photograph for you, thumb.


 I kinda like this, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Not an epic fail, but definitely not a win.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Will def need to check out Finger Paints for stamping....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this weird thing that I don't want to buy the Konad special polishes... I guess it irks me that they want you to think you need their polishes. I'm so glad I found a mainstream white stamping polish!

      Delete
  2. Love the final mani, but wow that white looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...