Lit from Within: Catch a Shooting Star
-->

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Catch a Shooting Star

This gorgeous shimmery purple goodness is SpaRitual Shooting Star.  It's almost duochrome-y in that you can see blue and pink in the shimmer, but it's mostly berry and purple.  It has a great formula and that rubber grip cap that is so nice. 


 I think you need another picture of that shimmer.


I thought I'd add some random stripey things in different colors.  I started with a Nail Art striper in Frosty Pink.  It went on really sheer and didn't really look darker until much later.  I wish I'd gone a little thinner and lighter with the stripes.  I'll know next time that it changes over time.


Next, I took another Nail Art striper in White and did a similar pattern next to the pink


This Nail Art striper is called Urban Legend.  It's a magenta-purple color.  I put it mostly over the white to help it pop.


And then, I low-lighted the pattern with some black for contrast.

 
Finished with Seche Vite topcoat, and there you go.



Right hand:


The sales clerk at Ulta gave me a nice compliment, and said I should charge to do nails!  I don't think I'm there yet.  If I screw up my own nails, I keep acetone at the ready, and no one gets hurt or angry!  If you like it, I hope you'll try this and tell me how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...